In a world where everything seems to be getting worse by the day, are you looking for truth and stability to grab on to? Are you tired of hearing what a Christian should be doing without being given the “nuts and bolts” of how? Or, do you wonder if God even exists and, if so, how to find answers to questions about Him?
Would it surprise you to learn that the Bible is basically a story of God’s perfect plan for mankind both here on earth and in eternity? It is as relevant today as it was in the days it was written. Come to West Houston Bible Church to hear God's gracious plan unfold from Genesis to Revelation.
Easy to find on Beltway 8, just north of I-10, our welcome mat is always out and everyone is made to feel at home. Come hear the answers to life’s difficult questions and learn about the marvelous love of the Lord Jesus Christ for you.
Israel Today: Understanding critical issues conference
Jewish and Christian Allies for Israel
West Houston Bible Church extends a warm invitation to all who are interested in Israel—Jews and Christians alike. We hope that this conference, like others we have hosted, will be a continued opportunity to bring together Jews and Christians to further our mutual support for the State of Israel. In this crazy but crucial election year, please take the time to understand these issues related to our support for Israel. As we unite together through symposiums such as this, we can demonstrate to the world that we can stand together, united.
- Israel is a vital issue for the Jewish people. But not only for the Jews, but for Christians and indeed, all Americans. Do you understand why?
- How informed are you on current issues related to US/Israel relations?
- What in the world is BDS (Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions) and why is it important for Israel?
- What would you say if a co-worker or friend began to tell you that Israel was an apartheid state or referred to Israel as occupying the West Bank?
- Perhaps you wonder why Christians support Israel, what that means, and how Christian Zionism has a centuries old history which worked alongside of Jewish Zionism.
- Others may be interested in the rise of anti-Semitism and anti-Zionism, or the turmoil in the Middle East, the rise of ISIS, terrorism, and the economy of Israel.
Our speakers represent some of the best in the Jewish and Christian communities. Speakers include representatives from the Jewish Agency for Israel, StandWithUs, a retired Israeli ambassador, and two Christian pastors. Everyone is welcome and all will be challenged as together we seek greater understanding and support for one another.
September 8-11, 2016
Please see the Calendar/Events tab above for information on the times and speakers or download the flyer for the conference here.
- Location: West Houston Bible Church • 1500 West Sam Houston Parkway, N, Suite 104 • Houston, TX 77043
Click here for a map to the location.
- Cost: There is no charge for the conference, although an opportunity to make a donation to defray costs will be given.
- The event will be livestreamed at www.deanbibleministries.org/live
- Refreshments will be served Saturday and Sunday
- Note that childcare will not be provided.
- Registration: CLICK HERE to Register Today
|Ambassador (Retired) Yoram Ettinger (Second Thought: a US-Israel Initiative) is an
expert/lecturer/writer/consultant (English and Hebrew) on Middle East and U.S. affairs.
From 1989–1992 he was the Minister for Congressional Affairs—with the rank of
Ambassador—at Israel’s Embassy in Washington, DC. He also served as Consul General
of Israel in Houston during the late 1980s.
|Idan Peysahovich (Jewish Agency for Israel) is currently an advisor to the Russian-speaking
Jewry unit as well as the Aliyah and Absorption unit at The Jewish Agency for Israel. One of his
most pressing projects is working on initiatives which will help to develop new programs to
broaden and expand all aspects of The Jewish Agency for Israel in the Former Soviet Union.
|Jesse Stock (StandWithUs) was raised in southern California and moved to Israel in 2005. He
studied at the IDC Herzliya and American Jewish University where he majored in Counter
Terrorism and Middle Eastern Studies. Based out of Dallas, he currently serves as the Southern
Regional Community Coordinator for StandWithUs.
|Vida Velasco (StandWithUs) has been speaking up for Israel and educating audiences on the facts
for the past nine years. She was hired to launch a national internship to train and mentor high
school students by StandWithUs. Vida was recently appointed the StandWithUs Multi-Cultural
|Dr. Andy Woods (pastor, Sugar Land Bible Church) is also a professor at the College of Biblical
Studies in Houston. He has contributed to many theological journals and books and is a much-
sought-after conference speaker.
|Dr. Robert Dean, Jr. (pastor, West Houston Bible Church) previously served churches
in Texas and Connecticut and has over 35 years of pastoral experience. He is an active member
of AIPAC and is a respected leader, advocate, and speaker in support of Israel.